Search This Blog

Aug 4, 2022

Duolingo game software - Review






I have been a Duolingo user since June 2012. I was on the waiting list to try it out with its first language courses. In over 10 years, I have started courses in my over 30 languages including Norwegian, Welsh, Indonesian, and Navajo. Above, is my language learning journey for my top 20 languages over the last 10 years.

Recently, Duolingo has added Duolingo ABC to teach children to read.

Next, Duolingo is expanding to teach mathematics and is expecting to have this new app out by the end of 2022.



 Description: FREE web based  game, also on iphone or android. optional paid subscription

Includes 25 Levels of 30+ languages


for English speakers, more from other languages

Sample sentence inside;

    Italian    Io sono una ragazza
    English    I am a girl.

Pros:

  • teaches word with gender (il/la)
  • some illustrations for early vocab
  • uses words in sentences for context
  • gamification and friendly competition
  • audio files for pronunciaiton (listening)
  • stories for some langauges (reading)
  • speaking exercises
  • writing exercises with vocab selection or typing
  • matching vocab exercises
  • 5 units is equivalent to 2 years at university

Cons: 

  • needs internet access



No comments:

Post a Comment