Search This Blog

Nov 22, 2022

Duolingo Progress including milestones in Indonesian & Swedish

    I am consolidating Latin and have finished another Unit in Swedish and Indonesian.

Can you recognise any words that I learned?



I have finished Unit 14 out of 44(32% of the Duolingo course) in Indonesian: talk about your body, an nouns. I have met 58% of the Indonsian words in the course.


I have finished Unit 19 out of 43 (44% of the Duolingo course)  in Swedish: talk about changes, discuss events. I have met ALL of the Swedish words in the course.




Can you translate any of these words to English or your target language?

I am interested Swedish language because of the food.  I love going to the IKEA department store when visit the capital city 400 km from where I live and checking out their little food market as well.


    Hon har träffat en underbar ny man
Part of speechTranslation
English - She has met a wonderful new man.

 Reflection: ny means new.  It sounds like a lot of other langauges word for new. nuovo in Italian, neveau in French.

   Vocabulary comparison across languages: 
English - new German - Neu Danish - ny Dutch - nieuwe Swedish- ny Norwegian - ny Yiddish -נייַ nay Italiano - nuovo  Francais -nouvelle Romanian-nou Haitian Creole - nouvo Esperanto - nova Latin-novus Welsh - newydd Irish - nua Scottish Gaelic - ùr Zulu - okusha Hawaiian - hou Swahili-mpya Maori hou Czech - Nový Hungarian-új Polish-Nowy Ukranian-новий Turkish Turk-yeni Indonesian baru 
Japanese-新着 Shinchaku Korean -새로운 saeloun Hindi -नया naya Vietnamese- Mới Greek- νέος
néos
Russian новый novyy

***Do you LIKE my work? But not ready to comment as a beginner.  Please ANSWER a quick 4 questions mulitple choice survey. It will inform me about my audience and their interests :-)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W6GVWJQ

***I would love some discussion in the comments comments. Is your target language (the language you are learning as a foreigner) similiar to another language in this comparative list? Please comment any similarities or differences you notice?

***If you want to see my future blog spots, please FOLLOW this blog.

LINKS:

Want to follow my learning log? 

Blogger; https://italienfrancese14.blogspot.com Want to study quietly along with me?

Youtube: Erica Jane B   ASMR study with me (no music)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg2Y_AY2SGrR4Uvq9IOHxSg

Want to join over 500 learners?

Join our Facebook Group: Language Club for Beginners

Want Duolingo with unlimited hearts?

Duolingo Classroom "Language Club for Beginners: (FREE student access see link: duolingo.com/classroom/vycsch (settings in Duolingo app, then type last few letters of code)

No comments:

Post a Comment